Monday, May 25, 2009

How To Create The Perfect Beach Hair

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the hot dogs and hamburgers and catching some sun. Recently my roommate who has naturally straight hair asked how I keep my hair curly and beachy looking. I figured that many other people have naturally straight hair and wish to wear it curly sometimes so I'm here to help! I'm going to show you how I create my beachy curly hair!

  1. Keep hair damp. Once you step out of the shower towel dry your hair.
  2. Run your fingers through your hair and shake it upwards towards the top of your scalp. This allows the hair to become loose and wavy.
  3. Apply moose. I like to use moose that is specially made to induce curls. (Tresemme Flawless Curls is a good brand.) Here your going to want to apply a palm full of moose to each side of your hair. In other words, apply moose right up, then shake your hair over to one side, then the other and then finish by flipping your hair over and applying it to the bottom of your hair. When applying the moose keep "scrunching" your hair. Scrunching means grabbing a chunk of your hair and squeezing it. Your going to want to scrunch your hair in layers. Start with the top pieces of your hair and follow in the middle and then the end.
  4. After the moose is applied squeeze about a quarter size amount of gel into your hand. Rub your hands together and use the same scrunching technique with the gel on your hair.
  5. After the gel is in spray a little bit of hair spray all over your hair. If you like your curls to be soft, don't use too much hair spray too much hair spray makes the curls have a stiff feeling. But if your hair has a problem holding curls use more hair spray.
  6. After your spray is in, throw your hair up in a simple bun. This keeps the hair together so the curls don't fall.
  7. After about 10 mins in the bun you have two options. You could either dry your hair with a hair dryer on low (still scrunching your hair as you dry it.) Or you can just let your hair dry naturally letting it air dry.
Having trouble with my steps? I recorded myself scrunching my hair!


Your hair should turn out to be beachy curly and flawless! I love doing my hair this way because it is easy and quick to do. I love wearing my hair curly in the summer the best though because it always looks like I came right from the beach, even if I didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment