Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Curly Q

Good morning all! I'm going to move away from make-up for a little while and head (no pun intended) back over to hair styling. Today I want to help you all create the perfect curls. Big loose curls are all the rage nowadays so I'll let you know how I create mine.

  1. First I blow dry my hair straight and separate my hair into layers. I take the bottom section of my hair and keep it out, pinning up the rest of it.
  2. Depending on the size of curls you want, depends on what type of curler you use. For bigger curls you want to use a bigger iron (2-2 1/2) and for tighter curls you want to use a smaller iron (1-1 1/2 inch.)
  3. I take a single piece from my section and apply a quarter size of moose to the entire piece, from root to tip. I then start the iron at the root of my hair, run it down to the tip and the close the clamp on the end. When curling you want to roll the curler facing outside of your face and a bit on an angle.
  4. Apply this step to the entire section. After that release the pinned up hair and create another section. Repeat this step about 2 more times (in total that would be 4 sections.)
  5. To finish your look spray with some hair spray all over your head and then flip your head over and shake while you spray the underside. This will help you create more volume and keep the curls looking fuller and more bouncy.
This look can work for a classy night out or even if your just going shopping. Have fun and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment