Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Waxing VS Threading

Good morning friends! Hope my tips have be coming in handy and you've updated your look. One of my biggest pet-peeves is I HATE when my eyebrows need to be shaped. I've tried both waxing and threading and I'll give you my opinion of which one I think works best.

Waxing: Waxing is used all over the body. People can get their eyebrows waxed to all the way down to their bikini line. Basically waxing is just what it sounds like. The person applies warm wax to the area that hair removal is requested. Then the waxer takes a small white cloth and smooths it across the wax. One all the hair is pressed on the cloth the waxer rips the cloth away, removing the wax and the excess hair. The pain only lasts a few seconds and aloe is applied to sooth the skin. Waxing can cost anywhere from $5-$50 (say if you wanted a full Brazilian wax it's probably going to be a little pricey.) The results last for about 2 weeks, longer if you keep up with your tweezing.

Threading: Threading is a technique that began in India. The threader uses a spool of thread and removes the hair from it's socket. The threader uses a formation of the thread and almost shaves the hair away. Threading is mostly only used on the face (eyebrows and upper lip.) This can cost from anywhere from $10-$25 dollars. The pain is not as harsh as waxing and it also does not leave your skin raw a red. It does take a little bit longer, but the results are better and the hair is removed longer than 2 weeks.

So what's my pick? Threading. I believe they shape my eyebrows better an the results last longer. But do not throw waxing out the window, see what works best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment